»

Walnut Grove Bank

Walnut Grove Bank

This is the Walnut Grove Bank.

In 1988, the Walnut Grove Bank was constructed thanks to the efforts of First Bank of Davenport.  The architecture and interior is reflective of community banks as they appeared throughout the county in the late 1800’s.  It features many artifacts of the era including 1890 teller windows, a walk in safe with safety deposit boxes, and a free standing safe which came from the former German Savings Bank in Eldridge.  The banks books and paperwork are from the Stockman’s Savings Bank in Long Grove.

Park: