The Blacksmith Shop is an original building built on this site in 1860. The first operator is unknown, but Karl Ehlers purchased it in 1890. His son, Otto, operated it for a short time and then Alfred Ehlers took it over. The forge is original, used by Alfred and donated by Bob Marti. The base of the anvil, work bench, tools on the forge, and stove were also used by Alfred. The shop is basically set up the way Alfred left it when he closed up.