»

Dixon Telephone & Post Office

Dixon Telephone & Post Office

A bank of antique telephones.

The Telephone Office was moved to the site in 1990 from Dixon, Iowa.  Originally it was used as a bank then a telephone office.  The switchboards came from the Eldridge Telephone Company and Long Grove Mutual Telephone Company. At 4:00 p.m., April 18, 1958, the Long Grove switchboard was turned off and the dial system took its place in a merger with the Central Scott Telephone Company.

Park: