Park System Rules & Regulations
West Lake Park Beach:
- Swimming in designated areas only, and during regular business hours only.
- No food, beverages, coolers, or pets in the beach area. However, there is a picnic area for coolers, food, and non-alcoholic beverages.
- No throwing of sand or mud.
- Children under 10 yrs old must be accompanied at all times by someone at least 15 yrs old.
- No water wings or inflatables are permitted.
- No tobacco usage or alcohol allowed.
- Management is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Follow all posted rules and the directions of the lifeguard staff.
- We will not open if the air or water temperature is below 65° or weather conditions are threatening. Sorry we are not able to give refunds due to closing for weather conditions.
Lifejacket Usage at West Lake Park Beach:
- Weak or non-swimmers are permitted to use only a properly fitted and labeled Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (PFD).
- A responsible person (at least 15 yrs of age) must remain within arm’s reach at all times.
Buffalo Shores Beach:
- Free beach with picnicking, ample parking, and toilets are available in the park’s day use area.
- Beach is unsupervised, no lifeguards, swim at your own risk.
- Containers are provided for the disposal of refuse in order to assure that all areas remain clean. Please do not litter.
- The consumption and/or possession of alcoholic beverages are hereby prohibited on the beach area at Buffalo Shores Access Area. The beach area is designated as the sand area which extends the length of the property adjacent to the waterline of the Mississippi River.
In addition to the rules and regulations, all state laws apply to conduct in county areas.
Any violation of the rules can result in the denial of park privileges. The state conservation code gives county conservation officers the right to deny park privileges in county parks.