All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Scott County makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.
Due to the possibility of unauthorized modification of electronic data, errors in transmission, HTML browser incompatibilities, and other aspects of electronic communication that are beyond our control, information contained in the Scott County website should not be considered suitable for legal purposes.
Information may have been updated since the last modification of the site. Contact the department that maintains the file to verify accuracy.
- The information on this site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, we will not obtain personal information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
- For purposes of site management and security, information is collected and stored. This server uses software programs to create summary statistics using information such as the number of visitors to different sections of the site, what information is of most or least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- The following information is collected on this Web site:
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com if you are using an America Online account).
- The date and time you access our site.
- The Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our site or the Internet address of the computer used to link to our site.
Personally identifiable information that is available from governmental web sites through this website is subject to these principles and policies:
1. Access to personally identifiable information in public records at state and local levels of government in Iowa is controlled primarily by Chapter 22 of the Code of Iowa, the law on EXAMINATION OF PUBLIC RECORDS (OPEN RECORDS). Information generally available under Chapter 22 - and not made confidential elsewhere in the Code of Iowa - may be posted for electronic access through this website. (While Chapter 22 sets the general policies for access to government records in the State of Iowa, other sections of the Code of Iowa as well as other federal laws deal with confidentiality issues.)
2. The Iowa Fair Information Practices Act, Section 22.11 of the Code of Iowa, recognizes many concerns people have with regard to public records that include information about them, including the right to correct inaccurate information. Consequently, persons concerned with regard to information about them should contact the custodian of the record, which typically is the state agency or other governmental entity that collects and maintains the information.
1. The information collected should only be that necessary to provide the information or services sought by a requester, just as a person might provide such information when visiting a governmental office in person. The information collected is subject to the same controls and uses as that collected by governmental offices visited in person, again subject to the access and confidentiality provisions of Chapter 22, or to other applicable sections of the Code of Iowa. You do not have to provide personal information to visit our Web sites or download information . The IP (Internet Protocol) numbers of computers used to visit our web sites are noted as part of our statistical analysis on use of our web sites and how to better design services and facilitate access to them. No marketing databases are created nor is any commercial use made of any such data. Government agencies may request personally identifiable information from you in order to provide requested services, but such information is handled as it would be on an in-person visit to a government office.
2. Private sector sites linked from our site are not subject to Chapter 22 or to the Iowa Fair Information Practices Act (Section 22.11). Visitors to those sites may wish to check their privacy statements and be cautious about providing personally identifiable information.