Scott County Board of Health
(From left to right) Dr. Scott Sandeman; Dr. Ann O’Donnell; Denise Coiner, MS, RTR; Dr. Kathleen Hanson; Dr. Larry Squire
The Scott County Board of Health:
The Scott County Health Department is governed by the Scott County Board of Health (BOH), which consists of five members appointed by the Board of Supervisors.
- The Chairman of the Board of Health is Denise Coiner, MS, RTR. Denise retired from Midwest Cardiovascular Research Foundation where she was the Research Coordinator.
- The Vice-Chair is Dr. Ann O’Donnell, the medical director for Genesis VNA and Hospice and the Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House.
- The Secretary of the Board is Dr. Kathleen Hanson, PhD. Dr. Hanson is a nurse and a retired professor from the University of Iowa’s College of Nursing.
- Dr. Scott Sandeman is a veterinarian and owner of Glenroads & LeClaire Veterinary Clinic in Bettendorf, Iowa.
- Dr. Larry Squire is a general dentist and professor at the University of Iowa's College of Dentistry.
History and Recognitions:
The Scott County Board of Health was formed and convened for the first time in January of 1968. This was a result of the Local Health Act of 1967, whereby cities with a population of 25,000 or more had the option to join a county organization, continue locally, or disband.
It is important to note that the City of Davenport's Board of Health, "Health Officer" was Dr. John H. Sunderbruch, M.D. Dr. Sunderbruch was instrumental in this county-wide transition and became a member of the first Scott County Board of Health and has served continuously until his death in March 2006.
Business Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday except on holidays
The following codes for Local Boards of Health help guide the Scott County Board of Health in its activities:
Scott County - A safe and healthy community.
The Scott County Health Department promotes, protects, and preserves health through leadership, service, education and partnerships.