Can I have a stable?

If the property is zoned Single-Family Residential (R-1): A private stable is allowed as an accessory use providing the stable has stalls and feed for every horse and is located at least fifty (50) feet from a property line. The stable and exercise area must be located on a lot of at least one (1) acre, be located in the rear yard, and be screened from adjoining residential lots.

If the property is zoned Agricultural Preservation (A-P) or Agricultural General (A-G): A private stable is allowed providing that any such structure built to accommodate horses must be located in the rear yard, provided there is also a residence, and at least fifty (50) feet from all property lines. A public stable is allowed with a special use permit where the building and exercise yard is at least 500 feet from the closest neighbor’s residence or residential zoning district.

News & Notices

Be aware that Address Canvassing is commencing. Census workers will be working throughout communities until October 18th, verifying locations of houses, apartments, shelters and other places where people could live or stay. The purpose of Address Canvassing is to ensure the census address list is...
Posted: August 12, 2019
CENSUS JOBS! $15.00 - $16.50 per hour Earn extra income while helping your community. The Census is hiring for a variety of temporary jobs including census takers, recruiting assistants, office staff and supervisors. Pay rates are $15.00 - $16.50 per hour. Apply for one of thousands of temporary #...
Posted: August 6, 2019