The Scott County Library System is the oldest county system in the state of Iowa serving rural areas with 6 locations and a traveling bookmobile.
In 1950. the Scott County bookmobile organization became the Scott County Library System. At that time, there were 4,000 books in the collection.
Branches were established in Blue Grass, Eldridge and Princeton. The Walcott Branch was opened in 1952, and the Buffalo Branch opened in 1962. The Durant Branch joined the Scott County Library System in 1966.
It is the mission of the Scott County Library System to make available library materials and information in a variety of formats to people of all ages. This is accomplished through our staff, collections, current technology, comfortable and accessible facilities, and cooperation with other agencies and organizations.
While well-rounded services are provided, special emphasis is placed on materials, opportunities and programs to:
1. Fill the popular material needs of all adults and young adults,
2. Provide informational resources for research on topics of personal interest, and
3. Encourage and inspire a love for reading and learning, especially in pre-school aged children
Other Communities in our Service Area Include: