1. Meeting room facilities are available at no charge for community groups, nonprofit organizations, and educational presenters.
2. Private social events, such as birthdays, baby showers, and reunions will be charged $25 per hour.
3. Businesses and for-profit organizations may use the room for non-commercial use, such as training seminars, which are charged a fee of $25.00 per hour.
4. Other charges for meeting room equipment are as follows:
5. No group or individual can use the room to sell goods or services. However, Library-sponsored events for the purpose of raising funds for the Library are allowed.
6. Reservations must be placed with library staff in writing in the form of a completed “Application for Use of Meeting Room” form. This form must be filled out and signed by a member of the organization prior to using the room. The complete form can be delivered in person or sent via email to inf[email protected]
7. Reservations are taken first come, first served; using the date the application is received. Reservations may be made up to three months in advance.
8. Groups will be placed in the meeting room that is available at the time of their arrival. Reservations for a specific meeting room are not permitted.
9. Groups can reserve a meeting room for up to three reservations at a time. On or after the third reservation, up to another three reservations can be made.
10. Because the purpose of providing the meeting rooms is to make them available to as many community groups as possible, reservations by the same group may not be made more than twelve times in a calendar year. This limit applies whether the meetings are held on successive days, once a week for twelve weeks, or once a month for twelve months.
11. Those using the meeting room must leave at least 10 minutes prior to the closing of the library. This is necessary to allow time to prepare for the upcoming reservations in the meeting rooms.
12. Library programs and library related programs have priority in the use of the facility. Unforeseen need to use the meeting room by the Library may preempt a group’s reservation made less than one month in advance.
13. Children’s group meetings must be scheduled and supervised by an adult sponsor.
14. Nothing may be attached to the ceiling or walls. Groups may not hang signs, posters, displays or other decorations in the meeting room without prior permission. Groups receiving permission are responsible for their removal.
15. If the furniture is rearranged, it should be returned to the original configuration.
16. Meeting room users are confined to use of the meeting room, kitchen and public restrooms. Attendees may not enter other non-public areas of the Library, nor shall they use outdoor areas of the Library as part of their meeting room use.
17. Use of the meeting room shall not conflict with normal Library operation or with Library sponsored meetings, programs or activities.
18. Groups will adhere to standard norms of conduct and keep noise levels consistent with the proper atmosphere of the Library at all times.
19. Cooking is not allowed. Prepared food may be catered in with prior approval.
20. A coffee maker is available in the meeting room kitchen. Groups that use the coffee maker are responsible for cleaning it when done. The Library provides no other equipment or services for the serving of refreshments.
21. Smoking is not permitted in meeting room facilities; no alcohol or controlled substances may be consumed on the premises.
22. No materials, equipment or furniture belonging to groups using the rooms will be stored on Library premises, and the Library will not assume responsibility for any materials or items left on the premises.
23. If the carpet or furnishings are soiled or damaged during the use of the Library facilities, the organization must pay the cost of cleaning, repairing or replacing damaged items.
24. A fee for janitorial services may be assessed if the room is not left in the condition in which it was found.
25. If the library is not open when the meeting ends or begins, a fee of $25 per hour or part thereof for personnel to open the room or check the room and secure the building will be charged.
26. The name, address or phone number of the Scott County Library System and its individual libraries may not be used as the official address or headquarters of any organization except those affiliated with the Library. The use of the meeting room by a non-library group shall not be publicized in such a way as to imply Library sponsorship of the group’s activities. All promotional materials for events in the library must include the following statement: “Use of the Library meeting room does not imply endorsement by the Scott County Library System or Scott County.”
27. The Scott County Library System Board of Trustees and Scott County are not responsible for accidents, injury, or loss of individual property while using the meeting room.
28. The ruling of the local Fire Department as to capacity of rooms will be observed.
29. Violation of these regulations is grounds for barring an individual or organization from further use of the meeting facilities.
30. Exceptions to these rules may be made at the discretion of the Library Director.
Adopted by the Board of Trustees