This is a seasonal non-benefit eligible position requiring approximately 20-30 hours per week from mid-January to mid-November. Incumbent is required to live on site year round with housing provided. Provides general security and oversight of facility including assistance with check-in of evening and weekend rental facility users.
1. Performs routine repair/maintenance work on park buildings and facilities including, but not limited to: minor carpentry repairs and finishing work on remodel or building projects; fabrication and repair of park signage; coordination with full-time staff on major repairs.
2. Perform daily janitorial tasks which include, mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, cleaning and disinfecting of all buildings, restrooms, showers, etc, including the private residence provided.
3. Performs ground maintenance work including, but not limited to: mowing, cutting brush, hauling gravel and garbage; grading, snow removal from roads walkways; making minor repairs to roads or trails. Performs routine forestry tasks such as pruning, thinning, and planting of trees, shrubs, and grass.
4. Performs basic plumbing activities such as installing sinks, toilets, cleaning drains, soldering leaks, replacing pipes and other minor routine plumbing repairs.
5. Operates trucks, tractors, and commercial mowing equipment to maintain grounds, perform garbage pick-up, plow snow and haul materials.
6. Makes recommendations for and orders repair parts or supplies for building/grounds maintenance, with appropriate authority from supervisor.
7. Coordinates and works with full-time maintenance staff when assistance is needed or when directed.
8. Other duties as needed and/or assigned.
Standards for Initial Consideration
The equivalent of two (2) years of training in a vocational, trade school or an electrical, plumbing or carpentry apprenticeship. First aid training or CPR training is desirable.
At least two (2) years of experience working with commercial equipment in a grounds maintenance or construction environment where mechanical aptitude was demonstrated.
Ability to identify problems, trouble shoot and develop practical solutions.
Ability to work independently.
A working knowledge of electrical/plumbing/carpentry principles.
Ability to repair and maintain motors, engines and other equipment.
Ability to operate industrial equipment and hand tools such as a chain saw, tractor, log splitter and tree stumper.
Valid drivers license required; CDL may be required.
Successful candidate will be required to pass a detailed background investigation.
This position is not benefit eligible.
There are no supplemental questions for this posting.