Scott County is accepting online applications for the following position.:
Job Title: Seasonal Skilled Park Maintenance Worker
Closing Date/Time: Thursday, 5/31/2018, 4:30 pm
Salary: $12.46 to $12.71 per hour
Job Type: Seasonal
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Installs and maintains electrical and plumbing utilities within County park system. Assists in road, grounds, equipment and building maintenance.
1. Performs repair/maintenance work on park buildings and facilities including, but not limited to: carpentry repairs related to roofing, supports, siding, playground and camping structures, finishing work on remodel or building projects; fabrication and repair of all park signage; light welding repairs.
2. Performs ground maintenance work including, but not limited to: mowing, cutting brush, hauling gravel and garbage; grading, sanding and plowing roads; making minor repairs to roads or trails. Performs routine forestry tasks such as pruning, thinning, planting and spraying trees, shrubs, bushes or grass.
3. Performs basic plumbing activities such as installing sinks, toilets, cleaning drains, soldering leaks, replacing pipes and other minor routine plumbing repairs.
4. Operates heavy trucks and commercial mowing equipment to maintain grounds, perform garbage pick-up, plow snow and haul materials.
5. Makes recommendations for and orders repair parts or supplies for building/grounds maintenance, with appropriate authority from supervisor.
6. Assists in new construction of small structures utilizing blueprints and building plans. May design small building or repair projects, determine necessary materials and submit to supervisor for approval.
7. Provides work direction of seasonal staff in performance of grounds maintenance or special repair/building projects.
8. Other duties as needed and/or assigned.
The equivalent of two (2) years of training in a vocational, trade school or an electrical, plumbing or carpentry apprenticeship. First aid training or CPR training is desirable.
At least two (2) years of experience working with heavy equipment in a grounds maintenance or industrial environment where mechanical aptitude was demonstrated.
Ability to identify problems, trouble shoot and develop practical solutions.
Ability to work independently.
A working knowledge of electrical/plumbing/carpentry principles.
Ability to work effectively with staff, co-workers and the general public.
Ability to repair and maintain motors, engines and other equipment.
Ability to operate industrial equipment and hand tools such as a chain saw, tractor, log splitter and tree stumper.
Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record required; CDL preferred (class A)
This position is not benefit eligible.