Scott County is accepting online applications for the following position.:
Job Title: Seasonal Park Patrol - Certified
Closing Date/Time: Friday, 5/31/2019, 4:30 pm
Salary: $18.00 to $18.50 per hour
Job Type: Seasonal
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Oversees public activities by providing safety, security and law enforcement of all Scott County Conservation properties. Enforces Code of Iowa and Conservation Board rules and regulations. Acts in a public relations capacity providing information and assistance to the general public.
1. Maintains regular park patrol schedule. Enforces Code of Iowa and Conservation Board rules which includes arrest authority, writing tickets, issuing warnings and maintaining a safe and enjoyable environment for the general public.
2. Serves in a public relations capacity providing assistance and information to the general public as requested.
3. Enforces fish, game and all natural resource laws and works in cooperation with State Conservation Officers.
4. Responsible for reporting maintenance problems or hazardous situations to maintenance staff that requires immediate attention.
5. Operates assigned equipment, to include various types of motorized vehicles, radios, computers, and law enforcement gear.
6. Other duties as needed and/or assigned.
High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Post high school education in law enforcement, criminal justice or related field preferred. Must be a Certified Peace Officer and have the ability to obtain a Weapons permit.
1 year law enforcement experience preferred. Any combination of training and experience in law enforcement or conservation will also be considered.
Ability to establish and maintain courteous and effective work relationships with co-workers, the general public and various agencies.
Must possess effective verbal and listening communication skills.
Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
Demonstrated ability to use independent judgement in interpreting rules, regulations or policies.
Ability to exemplify, by his/her actions, the County's PRIDE philosophy.
This position is not benefit eligible.