Scott County is accepting online applications for the following position.:
Job Title: Seasonal Park Patrol
Closing Date/Time: Friday, 5/31/2019, 4:30 pm
Salary: $12.00 to $16.75 per hour
Job Type: Seasonal
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Oversees public activities on Scott County Conservation properties. Responsible for providing safety, security and assisting the Park Rangers with enforcing Code of Iowa and Conservation Board rules and regulations. Acts in a public relations capacity providing information and assistance to the general public.
1. Maintains regular park patrol schedule. Ensures adherence to Code of Iowa and Conservation Board rules within limits of authority, and maintains a safe and enjoyable environment for the general public. Coordinates actions with certified law enforcement personnel as needed to handle situations safely and properly.
2. Serves in a public relations capacity providing assistance and information to the general public as requested.
3. Monitors park usage of campgrounds, picnic shelters, and all recreational areas and services to ensure proper usage, upkeep, collection of fees, and appropriate customer relations maintained.
4. Responsible for reporting maintenance problems or hazardous situations to maintenance staff that requires immediate attention.
5. Operates assigned equipment, to include various types of motorized vehicles, radios, computers, and law enforcement gear.
6. Other duties as needed and/or assigned.
High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
Post high school education in law enforcement, criminal justice or related field preferred.
1 year law enforcement experience preferred. Any combination of training and experience in law enforcement or conservation will also be considered.
Ability to establish and maintain courteous and effective work relationships with co-workers, the general public and various agencies
Must possess effective verbal and listening communication skills.
Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment in interpreting rules, regulations or policies.
Ability to exemplify, by his/her actions, the County's PRIDE philosophy.
This position is not benefit eligible.