Scott County is accepting online applications for the following position.:
Job Title: Seasonal Park Maintenance Worker
Closing Date/Time: Thursday, 5/31/2018, 4:30 pm
Salary: $8.00 to $11.00 per hour
Job Type: Seasonal
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Performs a variety of maintenance and groundskeeping functions at Glynns Creek Golf Course, Scott County Park, West Lake Park, or other locations as assigned.
1. Operates a variety of mowing equipment, weed eaters, tractors and light trucks to maintain the various park locations.
2. Provides custodial duties to include picking up trash, cleaning restrooms, sweeping, mopping, etc. May operate garbage collection truck if directed. (CDL required)
3. Performs maintenance work to include minor repairs of buildings and equipment, cleaning grills and burners, laying sod, washing vehicles, light electrical, plumbing and/or carpentry work, etc.. Preventive maintenance on mowers such as changing oil and greasing.
4. Performs forestry work to include pruning trees, splitting wood, operating wood chipper, etc.
5. Other duties as needed and/or assigned.
Currently completing or has completed High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Previous experience in park and grounds maintenance, Custodial, mowing, equipment operation, electrical, plumbing and/or carpentry is preferred.
Ability to work effectively with staff, co-workers and the general public.
Ability to operate equipment with safety in mind is essential.
Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record required (verified). CDL preferred.
Ability to exemplify, by his or her actions, the County's PRIDE philosophy.
Reports to: Park Manager (receives work direction from various full-time staff).
Works with: All levels of Conservation Department staff and the general public.
Works outdoors in all types of weather conditions. Operates various types of mowing equipment and a variety of hand maintenance tools and equipment.
This position is not benefit eligible.