Scott County is accepting online applications for the following position.:
Job Title: Seasonal Lifeguard
Closing Date/Time: Thursday, 5/31/2018, 4:30 pm
Salary: $8.50 to $10.00 per hour
Job Type: Seasonal
Location: Davenport, Iowa
To provide a clean safe swimming environment along with proper swimming instruction for classes or various levels. Protects patrons and exercises life saving technique when necessary.
1. Assists the Manager in opening and closing the facility for the season.
2. Provides safe swimming environment. May provide life guarding, first aid and safety functions as necessary. May operate rescue motor boat as needed at West Lake Park.
3. Performs custodial duties to include cleaning restrooms and bath houses daily; picks up litter around the grounds and parking lots, cleans sinks, shower stalls, toilets and floors.
4. Performs maintenance and groundskeeping duties as assigned.
5. Assists the manager in testing and maintaining required water quality standards.
6. Other duties as needed and/or assigned.
Must be at least 16 year of age. Lifeguard, first aid and CPR certification required. Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certification preferred.
Previous life guard experience preferred. Maintenance and groundskeeping experience helpful.
Effective written, oral and listening skills are essential.
Ability to deal effectively with co-workers and the general public.
Ability to exemplify by his or her actions, the County's PRIDE philosophy.
This position is not benefit eligible.