Scott County is accepting online applications for the following position.:
Job Title: Seasonal Assistant Beach/Pool Manager
Closing Date/Time: Friday, 5/31/2019, 4:30 pm
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 per hour
Job Type: Seasonal
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Responsible for assisting in the overall operation of West Lake Beach or Scott County Pool to include supervising lifeguards and concessions personnel. The West Lake Beach staff shall oversee boat rental personnel. Assists with all aspects of lifeguard training and documentation.
1. Assists Manager in opening and closing the Beach/Pool daily. Ensures efficient operation and safe use of the Beach/Pool area at West Lake/Scott County Park. Assists Manager in the efficient operation and safe use of boat rental area at West Lake. Supervises personnel. Assists with all aspects of lifeguard training and documentation.
2. Notifies maintenance of necessary repairs and replacements of equipment.
3. Assists Manager in efficient operation of food concession area. Responsible for inventory control and adherence to food sanitation rules and regulations. Supervises food concession personnel.
4. Assists Manager with required documentation for balancing and deposit of daily receipts.
5. Responsible for ensuring proper customer service, record keeping, money handling, and safety standards are adhered to by assisting in training and scheduling of employees in order to maintain high service standards by all staff members.
6. Makes recommendations for improvement to the Beach/Pool Manager.
7. Administers first aid as required.
8. Other duties as assigned.
High school education or GED. Lifeguard, First Aid and CPR certifications required. Water Safety Instructor or Lifeguard Instructor required. Knowledge of management principles, swimming safety and food service preferred.
Previous experience in directing staff and operations of a swimming facility is required.
Previous experience in delivering exceptional customer service is required.
Previous food service experience preferred.
Effective written, oral and listening skills are essential.
Ability to establish effective working relationships with supervisor, co-workers and assigned staff.
Ability to effectively convey information and handle complaints from the public and other county staff.
Ability to exemplify by his or her actions, the County's PRIDE philosophy.
This position is not benefit eligible.