Scott County is accepting online applications for the following position.:
Job Title: Seasonal Assistant Beach Manager
Closing Date/Time: Thursday, 5/31/2018, 4:30 pm
Salary: $10.00 to $10.25 per hour
Job Type: Seasonal
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Responsible for assisting Beach Manager in the supervision of West Lake Beach personnel, as well as food and boat rental staff and concessions within the park.
1. Assists Manager in opening and closing the Beach daily. Ensures efficient operation and safe use of the Beach area at West Lake Park. Supervises beach personnel.
2. Assists Manager in the efficient operation and safe use of boat rental area. Notifies maintenance of necessary repairs and replacements of equipment. Supervises boat rental personnel.
3. Assists Manager in efficient operation of food concession area. Responsible for inventory control and adherence to food sanitation rules and regulations. Supervises food concession personnel.
4. Responsible for ensuring proper customer service, record keeping, money handling, and safety standards are adhered to by assisting in training and scheduling of employees in order to maintain high service standards by all members of the Beach and Boathouse staff.
5. Makes recommendations for improvement to the Beach Manager.
6. Administers first aid as required.
7. Other duties as assigned.
High school education or GED. Lifeguard, First Aid and CPR certification required. Water Safety Instructor or Lifeguard Instructor certification required. Knowledge of management principles and food service preferred.
Previous experience in directing staff and operations of a swimming facility is required.
Previous experience in delivering exceptional customer service is required.
Previous food service experience preferred.
Effective written, oral, and listening skills are essential.
Ability to establish effective working relationships with supervisor, co-workers and assigned staff.
Ability to effectively convey information and handle complaints from the public and other county staff.
Ability to exemplify by his or her actions, the County's PRIDE philosophy.
This position is not benefit eligible.