Scott County is accepting online applications for the following position.:
Job Title: Planning Intern
Closing Date/Time: Thursday, 5/31/2018, 4:30 pm
Salary: $9.71 to $12.33 per hour
Job Type: Seasonal
Location: Davenport, Iowa
This is a seasonal position responsible for assigned duties related to the Planning & Development Department.
1. Assists with development and input of GIS layers for zoning, land use and other related information.
2. Provides customer assistance answering basic questions on department procedures and zoning and subdivision regulations.
3. Accepts and processes building permits, site plan reviews, special use permits, rezoning and variance applications and review such applications for compliance with ordinance information.
4. Research land records for ownership, deed transfer and legal description information.
5. Other duties as needed and/or assigned.
2 years of undergraduate (or one year graduate) courses in urban and regional planning or related field.
Work Experience: N/A
Familiarity with tenets of land use and comprehensive planning.
GIS and related computer skills.
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Desire to show initiative and participate with Scott County's planning team.
Ability to exemplify, by his or her actions, the County's PRIDE philosophy.
This position is not benefit eligible.