Scott County is accepting online applications for the following position.:
Job Title: Maternal, Child & Adolescent Health Nurse
Closing Date/Time: Monday, 3/5/2018, 4:30 pm
Salary: $24.63 per hour
Job Type: Part-time
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Incumbent is responsible for nursing practices in all areas of Maternal, Child, and Adolescent Health. Works directly with pregnant and post-partum women, children, and adolescents. Provides direct services including, but not limited to breastfeeding classes, health education, risk assessment, mental health services, and oral health services.
This is a 16 hour per week position.
1. Administers direct client care, including but not limited to: breastfeeding classes, health education, risk assessments, mental health services, oral health services, and care coordination to pregnant and post-partum women, children, adolescents and/or their parents/guardians.
2. Completes appropriate documentation of Maternal, Child, and Adolescent Health services provided. Submits reports of actions/outcomes to supervisor on routine or as needed basis.
3. Refers clients to appropriate federal, state, and local resources.
4. Develops, implements, and coordinates specific health promotion/health education programs as assigned.
5. Participates in meetings and committees (internal/external) as appropriate or requested. May act as a liaison to external agencies/organizations to monitor/represent the Health Department's responsibilities and provide assistance.
6. Maintains proper operation, maintenance and upkeep of assigned equipment.
7. Performs other duties as needed and/or assigned.
Associate's degree in nursing. Must possess licensure as Registered Nurse in the State of Iowa. Certification in CPR required.
Requires minimum of one (1) year related work experience. Two years of general nursing experience in maternal, pediatric, school, or public health preferred.
Ability to deal with the public in a professional manner, regardless of the situation.
Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet established deadlines.
Ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to follow protocols and adhere to appropriate safety and security policies in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines.
Must have or complete state mandated training including but not limited to Abuse Identification and Reporting.
Ability to exemplify, by his/her actions, the County's PRIDE philosophy.
This position is not benefit eligible.