Scott County is accepting online applications for the following position.:
Job Title: Maintenance Electronic Systems Technician
Closing Date/Time: Friday, 12/14/2018, 4:30 pm
Salary: $20.17 per hour
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Incumbent performs advanced-level technical, digital and electronic systems installation, integration, and maintenance duties inside/outside County facilities. Performs as project leader on assigned projects directing the work of other maintenance staff.
1. Installs, configures, integrates, troubleshoots, maintains and repairs advanced technology hardware and software relating to digital electronic equipment and systems including, but not limited to: Closed circuit television (CCTV) systems, security door and access control systems, intercom systems, digital signage, direct digital HVAC systems, panic alarm systems, environmental monitoring equipment, etc.
2. Installs, programs and adjusts graphical user interface systems, computer controllers, programmable logic controllers, power supplies, relays and other peripheral equipment in support of various digital or electronic systems.
3. Maintains video cameras, recording and archiving servers. Determines and tracks network layout and assigns, monitors, and maintains IP address infrastructure with VLANs (virtual local area network).
4. Serves as the FSS Administrator for the CCTV system. Assigns security groups for end users. Retrieve video footage as requested in accordance with established policies.
5. Coordinates with Information Technology (IT) for network access, IP schemes, cabling, camera location/relocation, etc.
6. Installs software/firmware patches, updates, and upgrades with vendors and end users.
7. Provides technical support and works with end users to program and configure technology needs relating to digital electronic equipment and systems.
8. Develops training materials and provides training to end users.
9. Assists with project management for technology system projects including acquisition, implementation, launch and maintenance.
10. Assists with research and provides recommendations for hardware and software purchases.
11. Performs preventive maintenance on County owned/operated equipment and tools. Changes filters, cleans and calibrates digital controls and thermostats. Maintains emergency generators, transfer switches and uninterruptible power supplies in County facilities.
12. Monitors heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment. Performs required testing and routine maintenance as necessary.
13. Performs mechanical, electronic or electrical repair to include installation of electrical equipment, wiring devices and fixtures, repairing and rebuilding electronic and mechanical security door systems, welding and other related duties.
14. Performs as project leader on capital projects to include project organization, material prices, parts requisition, work assignment and follow through.
15. Operates County vehicles, snow plows, power lawn equipment and other engine and motor-driven equipment.
16. Other duties as needed and assigned.
High school diploma GED equivalent required. 2 year vocational/technical school training or equivalent experience required.
Minimum of three (3) years of responsible electronic/digital equipment maintenance experience required. Previous work experience in HVAC, electrical or mechanical work is highly preferred. Maintenance experience in a similar facility preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge of electronics, digital systems, computer equipment and interfaces, software systems, electrical equipment maintenance and repair techniques is necessary.
Working knowledge of the use of a variety of hand and power tools is essential.
Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
Ability to establish effective working relationships with supervisor, co-workers, outside vendors or contractors and to effectively oversee the work of others is essential.
Must possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to complete work under assigned deadlines and/or tight schedules.
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Ability to utilize problem solving and decision making skills to meet assigned objectives is necessary.
Knowledge of proper safety procedures related to building maintenance.
Ability to exemplify by his/her actions, the County's PRIDE philosophy.
The following is a summary of benefits provided to non-union County employees. Benefits for employees covered under a collective bargaining agreement may vary somewhat depending on specific contract provisions.