Scott County is accepting online applications for the following position.:
Job Title: Health Services Professional
Closing Date/Time: Monday, 1/14/2019, 4:30 pm
Salary: $21.35 to $25.18 per hour
Job Type: Per diem
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Incumbent is responsible for nursing practices in all areas of Disease Prevention/ Health Promotion. Works directly in areas of communicable diseases/tuberculosis, animal bites, lead, hazardous chemicals, STD/HIV, detainee/inmate and chronic disease.
1. Administer immunizations to children and administer direct client, inmate, detainee care (i.e. inoculations, first aid, minor medical procedures, dispense medication).
2. Collect lab specimens. Assist in the lab processes as skilled level permits, as directed.
3. Provide education to parents regarding immunizations and side effects of the vaccine.
4. Provide education to clients, inmates, detainee's regarding STD/HIV as necessary.
5. Complete appropriate documentation of activities and client, inmate, detainee care.
6. Perform disease surveillance and screening to curtail the incidence and prevalence of disease conditions. Complete initial health care screening evaluation assessments of detainee/inmates as necessary.
7. Refer clients to appropriate federal, state, and local resources.
8. Maintain proper operation, maintenance and upkeep of assigned equipment.
9. Perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
High School Diploma or GED required. Must possess licensure as Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Iowa or possess a valid work permit issued by Iowa Board of Nursing.
Requires minimum of one (1) year related work experience.
Ability to deal with the public in a professional manner, regardless of the situation.
Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet established deadlines.
Ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to follow protocols and adhere to appropriate safety and security policies in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines.
Ability to obtain CPR certification required.
Must have or complete state mandated training including but not limited to Abuse Identification and Reporting.
Ability to exemplify, by his/her actions, the County's PRIDE philosophy.
This position is not benefit eligible.