Scott County is accepting online applications for the following position.:
Job Title: Engineering Intern
Closing Date/Time: Monday, 4/15/2019, 4:30 pm
Salary: $9.90 to $13.42 per hour
Job Type: Seasonal
Location: Eldridge, Iowa
This is a seasonal position responsible for assigned duties related to the Secondary Roads Department.
1. Assist in the inspection of Construction Projects to ensure compliance with specifications and prepare documentation to submit to the IDOT. Monitor and report the progress of outside contractors to Assistant County Engineer/Engineering Aide II, to ensure work meets proper specifications and quality of construction.
2. Assist in the preparation of plans and documents for bid lettings utilizing Computer Aided Drafting and additional software packages.
3. Aid in surveying proposed job sites to compile information and determine design parameters in preparation for the Design Phase of a project.
4. Provide feedback and answer questions from County residents to ensure concerns are accurately and adequately addressed.
5. Perform miscellaneous duties such as, but not limited to: traffic counting, marking calcium chloride strips, or performing gradation analysis.
High school graduate or G.E.D. required. University Engineering Student OR Engineering Technology Student.
Surveying, Inspection, Computer Aided Drafting experience preferred.
Ability to utilize effective written, verbal and listening communication skills.
Ability to work independently and organize tasks to complete projects by assigned deadlines.
Demonstrated knowledge of engineering techniques, construction concepts, and various engineering tools and equipment.
Ability to collect, analyze and interpret complex and varied types of information to develop cost-efficient and suitable Design Plans.
Knowledge of IDOT specifications, regulations and restrictions in construction and maintenance of County roads.
Ability to provide work direction for Construction Work Crews.
Ability to monitor contracted work and report progress to immediate supervisor.
Ability to exemplify, by his or her actions, the County's PRIDE philosophy.
This position is not benefit eligible.