Scott County is accepting online applications for the following position.:
Job Title: Desktop Support Technician
Closing Date/Time: Monday, 4/29/2019, 4:30 pm
Salary: $18.19 per hour
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Incumbent acts as the initial internal county user customer contact in resolving customer problems relating to information technology and provides immediate solutions whenever possible. Records all required data into an automated Help Desk system and evaluates, prioritizes, resolves and/or assigns problems reported by computer users.
1. Enters all data for Help Desk problems into an automated Help Desk system.
2. Recognizes, diagnoses and independently acts/resolves commonly system issues and error situations including but, not limited to: E-mail, password conflicts and general computer help such as network access.
3. Provides general assistance with word processing problems, spreadsheet issues, internet questions and printer routing questions.
4. Assists users with mapping and directory questions.
5. Refers more technical problems to appropriate staff or outside technology partner after documenting specific problem; assigning priority for resolution; engages in follow up with customer to ensure problem has been resolved.
6. Fields initial phone calls or electronic mail from internal County user customers experiencing computer related problems or making simple requests. Prioritizes and assigns problems requiring more advanced technical assistance to the appropriate information processing member or technology partner.
7. Ensures all Help Desk items are resolved and closed, and provides detailed reporting of user HELP Desk problems.
8. Processes hardware repair and replacement request/orders with appropriate vendors.
9. Enters and maintains user information relating to User name, location, phone number, equipment inventory, IP addresses, and general hardware identification.
10. Provides back-up network support including, but not limited to: print jobs from a variety of sources, performing data back-up and merge support as needed.
11. Orders supplies for the Operations area and works with various vendors to maintain a proper inventory.
12. Monitors all network servers and notifies the person responsible to restore availability in the event of a server failure.
13. Performs other job-related duties as necessary or assigned.
Associate degree in computer science or related field required.
Requires minimum of two (2) years basic word processing, electronic spreadsheet, data entry and office procedures; or one (1) year work experience relating to computer technical support activities.
? Must possess operating knowledge of Microsoft office windows desktop applications, E-mail operating systems, Internet applications. Experience with PC diagnostic utilities and PBX applications helpful.
? Must possess a working knowledge of how database applications work.
? Ability to utilize effective verbal, written and listening communication skills.
? Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, county staff and vendors.
? Must be able to pass a background investigation.
? Ability to exemplify by his/her actions the County PRIDE philosophy.
Reports to: Information Processing Manager
Supervises: Not applicable.
Works with: Information processing staff, Department staff, All levels of county staff and outside vendors/agencies.
Incumbent works in primarily indoor office environment.
The following is a summary of benefits provided to non-union County employees. Benefits for employees covered under a collective bargaining agreement may vary somewhat depending on specific contract provisions.