Scott County is accepting online applications for the following position.:
Job Title: Custodial Worker PT
Closing Date/Time: Monday, 2/25/2019, 4:30 pm
Salary: $14.98 per hour
Job Type: Part-time
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Incumbent is responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitary atmosphere.
Hours of work are Monday - Friday, 4:30 pm - 8:30 pm.
1. Performs various custodial duties such as sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, stripping, refinishing and buffing of hard surface flooring. Vacuums, bonnet cleans and extracts all carpeted surfaces. Clean and sanitizes lavatories. Cleans glass in hallways, doors and partitions. Dusts and polishes furniture. Cleans windows and blinds. Removes trash and recyclables from facilities and disposes in appropriate containers.
2. Notifies supervisor of needed supplies. Demonstrates knowledge of supply inventory system.
3. Maintains preventive maintenance system for cleaning equipment. Submits equipment repair work orders to maintenance department in a timely manner.
4. Performs basic maintenance duties including, but not limited to: painting, re-lamping, assisting in a labor capacity for special projects and remodeling.
5. Locks exterior doors, activates alarms, and secures interior areas as assigned.
6. Provide access control of public and/or unauthorized areas during and after custodial care. Reports any unusual activities to supervisor or appropriate authorities as necessary.
7. Responsible for the use of engineering and safe work practice controls in blood borne pathogens cleanup which includes but is not limited to; blood, bodily fluids and other potentially infectious microorganisms.
8. Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures. Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to manufacturer's specifications.
9. Performs other job-related duties as necessary or assigned.
High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
Previous custodial and/or basic maintenance work experience preferred.
Must possess a valid Driver's License.
Ability to establish effective working relationships with supervisor, co-workers and the public.
Ability to effectively direct the work of others is important.
Demonstrated knowledge and ability to operate institutional cleaning equipment such as: buffer, vacuum, carpet cleaner and/or burnisher utilizing proper safety procedures is essential.
Ability to utilize effective written, verbal and listening communication skills.
Ability to exemplify by his/her actions the County's PRIDE philosophy.
Individuals in need of special accommodations during the recruitment process are asked to notify our office in advance.
Successful candidate will be required to pass a post offer physical exam and background investigation.
This position is not benefit eligible.