Scott County is accepting online applications for the following position.:
Job Title: Clerk II - FSS
Closing Date/Time: Monday, 4/15/2019, 4:30 pm
Salary: $15.36 per hour
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Incumbent will perform functions of the County Imaging process which includes document preparation, scanning, indexing, quality control, releasing, and document destruction. Will share responsibility for providing reception services for the County Administrative area, which includes all incoming phone calls to the County Campus, mail, photocopying, supply and other support services to County Departments and County Complex Tenants. Provides administrative and program support to the Facility & Support Services Director and department staff, as well as to other departments when needed. .
1. Processes scanning and indexing of records into the county Imaging System. Coordinates scheduling of records scanning. May assist other departments in completion of imaging projects.
2. Answers all direct calls to main incoming County Campus telephone lines and the Facility & Support Services telephone lines by: transferring calls to appropriate County offices or referring to outside agencies, and documenting requests for service.
3. Provides receptionist services for the county administration area including: Provides information to public and County staff concerning department office locations, position postings, responds to inquiries from visitors, contacts appropriate departments/staff members.
4. Perform a variety of routine clerical tasks for Facility & Support Services, and other County departments. Examples of tasks include but are not limited to: types correspondence and reports, sorts and distributes departmental mail, prepares mailings, maintains a variety of departmental files and updates necessary changes to Scott County ordinances and policies.
5. Maintains calendars for pool cars, departmental vehicles, and meeting rooms. Coordinates reservations to include necessary documentation for conference room set up. Coordinates checkout of County pool cars and collects driver's license documentation as required by county policy.
6. Provides administrative support for department projects.
7. Assists with print shop functions as assigned. May perform photocopying or other high volume copy requests and assembly projects for various departments and County complex tenants by operating a variety of print shop equipment including but not limited to: comb binding machine, paper cutters, and saddle stitch machine.
8. Assists with processing all incoming and outgoing mail including: retrieval from the Post Office, sorting and delivering incoming mail, collects, pre-sorts and meters outgoing mail, maintains proper reserves in postage meters, facilitates electronic updates to the postage meters and maintains documentation, assists in special mailing requirements such as election or certified mail.
9. Compiles information and processes monthly billings for postage, supply orders and print shop requests for internal departments, county campus tenants and outside organizations utilizing designated software package.
10. Performs other job-related duties as necessary or assigned.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Minimum of two (2) years clerical experience required.
Ability to effectively utilize various computer software systems and packages including MS Office products, scanning process and financial software.
Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
Ability to work with speed and accuracy to meet deadlines.
Ability to tact and courtesy when responding to or assisting the public.
Must possess valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
Ability to perform mathematical functions including: calculating percentages, multiplying, and dividing.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to operate office equipment including, but not limited to: photocopiers, personal computer, calculator and typewriter.
Ability to exemplify, by his/her actions, the County's PRIDE philosophy.
The following is a summary of benefits provided to non-union County employees. Benefits for employees covered under a collective bargaining agreement may vary somewhat depending on specific contract provisions.