The Northwestern Railroad purchased land from A. Curtis. In 1868 the Davenport-St. Paul Railroad purchased it, then sold it to the Davenport-Rock Island and Northwestern Railroad and they in turn sold it in 1879 to Chicago-Milwaukee-St. Paul.
The depot was built in 1870 and 100 years later in April of 1970 it was closed. Old Eagle was the first engine to run and Phineas Curtis was the first depot agent. That was the last run for the "Dixon Bumblebee". In December of 1971, Harland Rohlk purchased it and then in 1977 he donated it to the Scott County Conservation Board to be placed at the Walnut Grove Pioneer Village at Scott County Park. It was moved on May 24, 1978 and since has been restored.
Related Railroad History
More about the Chicago-Milwaukee-St. Paul History and Route Map