Fifteen attorneys and fifteen support personnel staff the Scott County Attorney's Office.
- Prosecutes all indictable crimes such as murder, theft, kidnapping, robbery, burglary, sexual abuse, assault, arson, operating while intoxicated and many others.
- Prosecutes non-indictable offenses such as traffic violations, simple assaults and thefts.
- Represents the state in juvenile court including delinquency proceedings and children in need of assistance actions.
- Represents the county in civil legal matters such as lawsuits and workers compensation claims.
- Counsels and advises the elected officials and departments.
- Advises the police twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week and provides legal training to law enforcement and other agencies.
We take pride in representing the people of Scott County in a professional and competent manner.