Scott County Employees United Way
United Way Campaign Page - 2011
Employee Pledge Campaign
The success of the Scott County Employee’s United Way Campaign relies heaviest on the pledge forms that employees turn in.
This year, the committee set our internal goal of having $32,000 in employee pledges – and we far surpassed that! As of December 16th, we are at just under $34,000 with 36% of all eligible employees participating!
From each of us on the committee – thank you for your support this year!
Soup Lunch for United Way
Join us for lunch to include soup, crackers or bread, and water. February 24, 2012 from 11am to 1pm.
$548 was raised between soup sales and raffle ticket sales!! Our estimate is that we sold right around 100 bowls of soup today.
Come start your holiday shopping early by bidding on Department Baskets during the Annual Scott County Holiday Basket Raffle! Bidding is the week of December 5th through the 9th, with all bidding ending at 2 pm on Friday, December 9th.
This was one of our best years – thank you to all those that bid this year! Our final totals from this event were $1382.00!
Texas Hold’Em Tournament for United Way
Help Out by Going All In! Participate in the 5th Annual City of Bettendorf and Scott County Texas Hold ‘Em Poker Tournament on Friday, November 4th. Great prizes for the top players including a championship bracelet, 40” LCD television, a Galena getaway, and more!
Thank you to all of the players and volunteers from Scott County! The combined total for this event was $6,530.78 with Scott County’s portion coming in at $3,265.39
Walking Taco Lunch for United Way
Wednesday, November 2nd, 11:00 am to 1:30 pm: Administrative Center Room 605A.
Cost: $3.00: Includes chips and meat, with toppings of lettuce, cheese, and sour cream. Add a water for $1.00.
This event raised $362.70 which means we sold about 120 walking tacos.
Tailgate for United Way
Friday, Sept 30, 11:00 am to 2:00 pm in the courthouse parking lot, north side of the Annex bldg at 500 W 4th Street. $5.00 will get you a Burger or Brat, chips, beverage and dessert! Hearty appetite? Purchase an extra burger or brat for $2. Vegetarian alternatives available while they last. This event is officially a GREAT SUCCESS!
Between food sales and the parking spot raffle ticket sales, we raised $970!
Car Wash for United Way
Monday, August 22, 2011: 11:00 am to 1:30 pm. Department Head and Elected Official Car Wash $5 donation in the courthouse parking lot. Thank you to everyone that attended.
The car wash raised $251.
Scrapbooking for United Way
Join Scott County Employee United Way members for several fun nights of scrapbooking! Door prizes, snacks, pop and dinner is included along with a scrapbooking goodie bag all for only a $20 donation to United Way. The events will be held at the Scott County Administrative Center from 5:00 pm to midnight with plenty of parking available out front.
Scrapbooking events this year have raised a total of $1026.40!
Department Key Contacts:
- Stephanie Macuga - IT (co-chair)
- Becky Badtram - Recorder’s Office (co-chair)
- Chris Berge - Admin/HR/BOS
- Theresa Caras - Attorney’s Office
- Roxanna Moritz/Mary Cormier - Auditor
- Greg Burnett - Community Services
- Barb Harden - Conservation
- Ed Vieth - County Assessors
- Dave Donovan - FSS
- Karen Payne - Health Department
- Harlee Miller - JDC
- Tim Huey - Planning and Development
- SC EMA
- SC Library System
- Angie Kersten Secondary Roads
- Tyler Van Camp / Susi Meir - Sheriff
- Julie McPherson - Treasurer
Scott County Employees United Way Event Flyers:
[ events → 2011 ]
- February 24, 2012 Soup Lunch (320.7 KB)
- December 09, 2011 Intrabay for United Way (137.6 KB)
- November 04, 2011 Texas Hold Em for United Way (522.8 KB)
- November 02, 2011 United Way Walking Taco Lunch (54.4 KB)
- October 28, 2011 Scrapbooking Get Together (55.4 KB)
- September 30, 2011 Tailgater Party (63.9 KB)
- September 23, 2011 Scrapbooking Event For United Way (197.9 KB)
- August 22, 2011 United Way Car Wash (84.4 KB)
- July 08, 2011 Scrapbooking Get Together (55.3 KB)
For more information:
- United Way of the Quad Cities