Scott County Employees United Way
United Way Campaign Page 2005 Events
A United Way Message from Ray
Dear Scott County Team Member:
Scott County is very proud to partner with United Way in focusing on what matters most in our community — the success of our children, the strength of our families and our community and the health and self-reliance of our neighbors and friends.
As we launch this year’s United Way campaign, it is important to recognize that each of us can play an important role in improving the quality of life for all of us. In my opinion, there is no better way to make a lasting difference in the health and well-being of our community than through United Way of the Quad Cities Area.
- When you give to United Way, your gift stays right here in the Quad Cities and is invested in areas identified by our community as being of the highest priority.
- Your one gift helps more than one person, one family or one charity – it helps build a stronger community for all of us.
- United Way is the collective power of people working together toward long-term solutions, not short-term fixes.
- United Way is focused on results to ensure that your gift will make the greatest difference possible.
Whether you are a first-time giver or someone who has supported United Way for many years, your gift is appreciated. Please join me as we help United Way focus on what matters most in our community.
C. Ray Wierson, County Administrator
Scott County Administrative Center
428 Western Avenue
Davenport, Iowa 52801-1004
United Way intrabay is on the way
Bidding starts December 6th at noon and closes December 15, 2005 at 2:30 p.m.
Everything Holiday Sale
This event raised $796.67.
November 29, 2005 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Admin Center - 6th Floor.
Stop by to see and buy new and gently used holiday items. Everything must go.
Texas Hold'em Poker Tournament
We had 134 players and raised $5,830.00.
The Scott County United Way Committee invites you to participate! Come out, have fun, and help raise money to support local agencies at the Bettendorf Holiday Inn, 909 Middle Road, on Friday October 28th. Doors open at 4:30 and play starts promptly at 6:00 p.m. Cost is $25.00 per player.
United Way Continental Breakfast
This event raised $461.35
Start your day with Breakfast!
Thursday, October 27th, 2005
Two great locations, 1st floor Administrative Center and lower level of the Courthouse from 7:15 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. Enjoy Starbuck’s coffee, cookies, donuts, breakfast burritos, cinnamon raisin rolls
and much more!
Friday, October 21st, 2005
Chili, cornbread, dessert and beverage. October 21st from 11am - 1pm. Cost: $4 on site, $5 delivered. For more information, please contact Jennifer at extension 8535. Including the inmate sales, we raised $731.00 for United Way.
Thank you to all who participated. We raised $806.00.
The Dessert Raffle for United Way will be October 6, 2005. Time will be 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in room 638 of the Administrative Center. Tickets are $1 each or six for $5. Call Mary at 8655 to donate.
Congrats Cheri Sexton of HR. This event raised $92.50
This is not your grandma’s bingo anymore! Join us for an E-MAIL BINGO GAME as part of this year’s United Way Campaign. This game will be a 50/50 raffle. You pay only $5.00 and you receive TWO bingo cards. Purchased by Thursday September 29, 2005. Play starts at 8:00 am Monday October 3, 2005.
The United Way Day of Caring was September 7, 2005.
Wacky Wedding Reception
Scott County’s first ever Wacky Wedding Reception, featuring the Bureaucats as the “Wedding Singers” was at the Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds Starlite Ballroom on Saturday, April 16th from 6:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m. Cost was $15.00 per person at the door.
Department Key Contacts:
- Pat Reynolds - Admin
- Robin Jensen - County Assessor
- Lori Thompson - Attorney
- Mary Cormier - Auditor
- Renee Luze-Johnson Coordinator - Community Services
- Janet Kimmel - Community Services
- Jeff Tourdot - Community Services
- Jan Depover - Conservation
- Tammy Speidel Coordinator - Facility & Support Services
- Analisa Pearson - Health
- Mitch Tollerud - Information Technology
- Gregg Burnett - Juvenile Detention
- Juanita Bea - Recorder
- Barb Harden - Secondary Roads
- Jeri Moore - Secondary Roads
- Jennifer Witherspoon - Sheriff
- Lil Kaczinski - Treasurer
Scott County Employees United Way Event Flyers:
[ events → 2005 ]
- 2005 Day of Caring
- November 28, 2005 Everything Holiday (81.7 KB)
- October 28, 2005 Texas Holdem (59.4 KB)
- October 03, 2005 Email BINGO (37.1 KB)
- September 07, 2005 2005 Day of Caring (428.9 KB)
- April 16, 2005 Wacky Wedding (19.0 KB)
For more information:
- United Way of the Quad Cities