Transfer of Ownership
If You Sell Your Vehicle For Junk and It Will Never Be Driven Again

Give the buyer your titleGive the buyer your title (completing the assignment section of the title)

Get a receiptGet a receipt stating the buyer has accepted delivery of the vehicle and title, or you can take your title and registration to the Scott County Treasurer and obtain a junking certificate. You can assign the junking certificate to the buyer.