Abandoned Vehicle Auction
The Scott County Sheriff’s Office and the Davenport Police Department conduct an Abandoned Vehicle Auction.
- When: The third Thursday of every month
- Sign-in starts at 9am with the sale commencing promptly at 10am
- Conducted at Fred’s Towing Service, 7627 Northwest Blvd, Davenport Iowa, (563) 391-9666
- You must have a valid US ID and $100 cash deposit to enter the auction and receive a bidder number. You must be 18 years of age.
- If you purchase a vehicle, the $100 cash deposit will go towards your purchase.
- Purchases are cash only.
- If you do not purchase a vehicle your $100 cash deposit will be refunded.
- Your title paperwork will be completed based on your registration card. We are not able to change paperwork for any reason once you bid on a vehicle.
- In order to enter the auction, you must have a bidder number.
- When the sale is completed, come directly the collection window to pay for your vehicle. Refunds will be returned at this time.
Dealer Participation Rules:
- In order to register as a dealer, you must have a copy of your current dealer’s license or recycler license, a federal ID number and a voided check.
- You may pay for your vehicles with a business check.
- Dealers/recyclers may take one person into the sale.
The listing of the vehicles for Scott County can be found here and in the North Scott Press on the Wednesday prior to the sale. Davenport Police Department listings can be obtained by calling (563) 326-7782.
Fred’s Towing web site lists all the vehicles from the City of Davenport and Scott County that may be sold at the next auction. They will update on a daily basis.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS.
[ vehicle sales → 2013 ]
- May 16, 2013 Scott County Vehicle Sales Notice (12.3 KB)
- April 18, 2013 Scott County Vehicle Sales Notice (12.3 KB)
- March 21, 2013 Scott County Vehicle Sales Notice (12.1 KB)
- February 21, 2013 Scott County Vehicle Sales Notice (12.2 KB)
- January 17, 2013 Scott County Vehicle Sales Notice (12.4 KB)