Public Fireworks Display Permit
If you are an organization, corporation, agency or civil group that might be considering a fireworks display in rural or unincorporated Scott County, a Public Fireworks Display Permit is required.
All paperwork must be submitted to Scott County Sheriff’s Office prior to the date of display, at least 3 days in advance.
Public Fireworks Display Permit application packet:
- Permit for Public Firewoks Display (7.6 KB)
- Hold Harmless Agreement (7.6 KB)
- Fireworks Permit Information (21.2 KB)
- Application For Permit (8.4 KB)
What will I need when applying for a fireworks permit at the Sheriff’s Office?
You must apply at the Sheriff’s Office and provide the following:
- Permit for Public Firewoks Display (in packet)
- Application for Public Fireworks Display Permit within Scott County (in packet)
- Signed Hold Harmless agreement (in packet)
- Signed and dated bond not less than one million dollars ($1,000,000.00)
- A diagram of the shoot site indicating distance from shoot site, drop zone to spectators, buildings to comply with N.F.P.A. 1123, and diameter of shell to distance, etc
- Payment of filing fee ten dollars ($10.00)
- For a public (hired/for pay) display you will need to provide the additional:
- Copy of company insurance and State of Iowa Workers Compensation insurance
- Copy of company's signed A.T.F. license and A.T.F. Employee letter of clearance
- Copy of pyrotechnician certificate
- Copy of company's D.O.T. registration number
- Complete list of all pyrotechnic devices
The Sheriffs Office will review the application and approve or disapprove the application.
- If denied, the Sheriff’s Office will inform applicant of the reasons(s) for denial. The applicant will have the opportunity to amend the application before the date of display.
- If approved, the applicant will receive the permit which should be kept with the supervisor at the time of setup and display of public fireworks.
Where can I find additional online resources?
- National Council on Fireworks Safety
- Iowa Department of Public Safety
Call the Sheriff's Office with questions or concerns (563) 326-8625.