Humane Society of Scott County
2802 W. Central Park,
Davenport, Iowa 52804
Mon, Wed: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Tue, Thurs, Fri, Sat: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sundays 12 - 5 p.m.
If you see an animal that is in need, call the Humane Society of Scott County Animal Control at (563) 388-6655. Visit their website at http://www.hssc.us
The Humane Society of Scott County Animal Control Officer works in our community to protect stray, injured, abused and unwanted animals. They also help the public deal with problems caused by animals.
The animal control officer responds to calls about neglected or lost animals. They are the first people to provide comfort and compassion to animals in need.
Some of the services the animal control officer provides:
- Rescuing injured animals.
- Controlling stray and potentially dangerous animals at large.
- Bringing lost pets to the Humane Society of Scott County where their owners can reclaim them.
- Investigating animal mistreatment and neglect.
Here are some ways you can help the Animal Control Officer:
- All cats and dogs in the city of Davenport must be on a leash when being walked.
- All cats and dogs must have a current city license.
- All cats and dogs must have a current rabies vaccination.
- Pets left outside must have adequate food, shelter and water.
- Pets kept outside must have their area clean and free of excrement.
- Pet waste must be picked up when you walk them in a public area.
Cole wants to join your family. Humane Society of Scott County