ATV, ORV & Snowmobile Registration and Title
New and/or transferred recreational vehicles are registered in Scott County. ATV, ORV and snowmobile registrations expire on December 31st of each year. ATV's and ORV's registered since January, 2000, and snowmobiles registered since January, 1998, must have a title.
Items needed when transferring an ATV, ORV or snowmobile:
- Bill of Sale * (See below)
- The most current registration signed
- The title, if indicated
- Make, Model, Model Year, VIN, Color, Weight, Engine Displacement (CCS) & Number of Wheels
Fees are due annually by December 31 without penalty.
* Before a recreational vehicle or vessel can be registered a receipt, bill of sale or satisfactory evidence that the sales or use tax has been paid for the purchase of the vehicle. Sales are subject to 7% if purchased in Iowa and 6% use tax if purchased out of state.
Use the following application for duplicate titles, Liens, or transfers:
- Application for Registration Title and Security Interest (479.3 KB)
- Print, complete, and mail or deliver to Recorder's Office.
- Call the Scott County Recorder's Office at (563) 326-8622 for the correct fee
- Application for Transferring Title and Registration
The form and a check made payable to the Scott County Recorder is necessary for a title.
- Application for Duplicate Title
The form and a check made payable to the Scott County Recorder is necessary. Upon receipt of the duplicate title application there will be a five working day wait until issuance.
- Application for Security Interest
Security Interest requires the signature of the owner on an application, current title, lending institution name and address and check or money order made payable to the Scott County Recorder.
For assistance, please call (563) 326-8622.
ATV, ORV and Snowmobile Rates
- Renewal: $17.75
- Late renewal: $22.75
- New machines: $29.25 (between 9/1/12 and 12/31/12 an extra $5 renews for all of 2013)
- Liens: $11.50
- Transfer used machines: $29.25 (between 9/1/12 and 12/31/12 an extra $5 renews for all of 2013)
- Duplicate titles: $11.50
- Duplicate registrations: $7.75
For the most current rules and regulations, visit the Iowa DNR at: http://www.iowadnr.gov
Resident and nonresident snowmobile operators & nonresident OHV operators must have a user permit to recreate on Iowa’s designated riding areas, public lands, and public ice. A user permit can be purchased from your County Recorder.