Scott County Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan
Scott County was awarded a grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) awarded under its Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) to develop a Multi-Jurisdiction Local Hazard Mitigation Plan. The grant is administered through the Iowa Homeland Security and Emergency Management Division (IHSEMD). The planning grant agreement between Scott County and IHSEMD was fully executed on March 3, 2009.
Why a Plan?
The plan will meet the requirements of the Disaster Mitigation Act of 2000, also known as DMA 2000. The Act, which was signed into law on October 30, 2000, streamlines delivery and utilization of disaster recovery assistance and places increased emphasis on local mitigation planning. It requires local governments to develop and submit mitigation plans as a condition of receiving project grants under four FEMA programs: Pre-Disaster Mitigation (PDM), Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP), Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA) and Severe Repetitive Loss (SRL).
Goals of the Plan:
- Documents the process of plan development, including public participation.
- Identifies and assess all natural hazards that may impact the area and may also include man-made disasters related to technology, infrastructure, and terrorism.
- Profiles participating communities, identify critical facilities, and estimate potential damage costs.
With this information, the planning effort will develop mitigation goals, evaluate a variety of mitigation measures, and prioritize an implementation strategy with continued plan monitoring included. In addition to the formal public participation a requirement for the plan, the County intends to make use this website to keep the public informed about the plan scheduled meetings and plan document status.
[ hazmit → Plan by Chapter ]
Plan by Chapter
- Appendix I-1-II-5 SC Hazard Mitigation Plan (8.7 MB)
- Appendix III-1-III-2 SC Hazard Mitigation Plan (3.6 MB)
- Appendix IV-1-V-1 SC Hazard Mitigation Plan (2.6 MB)
- Chapter1 Title-Prerequisites SC Hazard Mitigation Plan (1.0 MB)
- Chapter2 Plan Process SC Hazard Mitigation Plan (524.6 KB)
- Chapter3 Part-A Risk Assessment SC Hazard Mitigation Plan (6.6 MB)
- Chapter3 Part-B Risk Assessment SC Hazard Mitigation Plan (8.4 MB)
- Chapter3 Part-C Risk Assessment SC Hazard Mitigation Plan (8.3 MB)
- Chapter4 Mitigation Strategy SC Hazard Mitigation Plan (279.5 KB)
- Chapter5 Plan Maintenance Process SC Hazard Mitigation Plan (59.9 KB)