Scott County Employee Wellness
Wellness resources and programs for Scott County, Iowa Employees and their dependents.
Healthy Lifestyles Program
The goal of the Healthy Lifestyles program is to identify risk factors of Metabolic Syndrome, create a healthy lifestyle to reduce the risk factors and avoid long-term health costs.
- More info on Healthy Lifestyles program at http://www.healthylifestylescourse.com
Healthy Lifestyles Documents:
- Healthy Lifestyles FAQ (76.1 KB)
- Healthy Lifestyles Program Background2012 (22.6 KB)
- Healthy Lifestyles Slide Show (248.3 KB)
- Scott County Naturally Slim Biometric Report 070312 (1.1 MB)
- “Last November when it was my turn to test for the healthy lifestyles program, I discovered that my cholesterol score was 220 – too high. I did not have enough other factors to qualify for the healthy lifestyles class, but, at age 34, this really bothered me. I knew that high cholesterol runs in my family, and it was time to do something about it. I made some modifications to my diet (mostly cut out sweets & carbs) and started riding my bike to work again. I lost only a few pounds, but I was starting to feel better - more energetic. This summer when I visited my doctor, I asked for a metabolic work up to see how my numbers compared. My cholesterol dropped 80 points from 220 to 140! I was super excited.
Knowing your numbers, empowers you to be proactive at improving your health!”