Employee Benefit: Employee Assistance Program / Care24
24 Hour Phone Assistance
TTY/TDD (Hearing Impaired)
Care24 is an Employee Assistance Program service offered by United Health Care to Scott County Employees.
Care24 services can help you address your health and your personal, family or work related problems or try and prevent them from happening in the first place. Master level specialist and registered nurses are just a phone call away to answer questions and assist you.
- Call the 24 Hour phone number for assistance.
In person counseling sessions are available to assist with:
Marriage and family problems: Care24 specialists can help you resolve the problems of communication, parenting and divorce. Whether you’re juggling the demands of work and home or suffering in a painful relationship, Care24 services are here to help.
- Divorce – I never thought it would happen to me. How do I help my kids? I don’t want to incur huge legal bills
- My teenager and I just can’t communicate – I’d really like someone to talk to.
- It’s midnight and my baby has a temperature of 102 degrees – what do I do?
Emotional strains: When normal emotions like depression, stress, loneliness or anger drag on, they can affect your health, relationships and work. Care24 specialists are trained to help.
- I’m having trouble sleeping at night and feel wiped out at work. What can I do to get a good night’s sleep?
Work stresses: Conflicts with a boss or co-worker, job burnout or fear of layoff can sap your energy and damage your career. Call Care24 services for help.
- I have a new boss and just can’t seem to do things right – how do I improve communications?
Financial or legal issues: If your stresses are related to financial or legal issues call Care24 specialists for a referral to a financial or legal consultant.
- My credit problems are out of control – I could use some good information
- Divorce – I never thought it would happen to me. I don’t want to incur huge legal bills
Substance Abuse: If you suspect that you or a loved one has a problem with drugs or alcohol a Care24 specialist can provide support and referrals.
- I think my spouse is drinking too much – how do I address the situation?
There are no limits to the number of times employees or dependents may utilize these services. Some co-pays may be incurred for certain referral services, see Health Care plan design for additional information. For reference the telephone number is located on the back of your United Health Care ID card. Services are provided for in 20 languages, and 140 dialects, using bilingual counselors and Language Line.