Employee Benefit: Dental
Dental coverage is provided by Delta Dental Insurance Plan. The group dental care plan covers most dental services. The employee share of family dental is $11.66 per month, divided between the first two paychecks of each month.
Covered charges are reasonable and customary charges; charges the dentists usually charge for the services provided. Services provided by this plan are categorized into one of four groups:
- Group I - is made up of preventative services which are covered at 100% of reasonable and customary charges with no deductible. These services may be obtained once every six months and calendar year payment limit up to $1500.
- Group II - is made up of basic services such as root canals, filings, extractions and crowns, acrylic or plastic and crown build-up, which are covered at 80% after a $25 deductible is met for each person covered, with a maximum of $75 per family and calendar year payment limit for non-orthodontic services up to $1500.
- Group III - is made up of major services such as dentures and fixed bridgework which are covered at 50% after a $25 deductible is met for each person covered, with a maximum of $75 per family and calendar year payment limit for non-orthodontic services up to $1500.
- Group IV - is made up of orthodontic services for individuals under the age of 19, with lifetime payment limit up to $1500
When proposed treatment costs are more than $200, the covered person's dentist should send Delta Dental a treatment plan before treatment is started. A treatment plan must always be sent to Delta Dental before orthodontic treatment. Delta Dental will evaluate the treatment plan and estimated payments of what will be covered will be sent to the covered person's dentist. Emergency treatment, oral examinations, dental x-rays and teeth cleaning are part of a treatment, and can be done before the pretreatment review is made.
- 2013 Delta PPO Provider List (50.0 KB)
- 2013 Delta Premier Provider List (54.2 KB)
- 2013 Dental Plan Summary incl Premier savings (41.3 KB)
- Scott County Iowa Delta Dental Summary Plan Description 2013 (192.2 KB)
- Find a current Delta Dental Provider. We have Delta Dental Premier.
- Delta Dental Customer Service can be reached at 1-800-544-0718