Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs), are among the most common infectious diseases in the United States today. More than 20 STDs have been identified and they affect more than 15 million men and women in this country each year. STDs may cause serious complications including cancer, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, neurological damage and death.
The annual comprehensive cost of STDs in the United States is estimated to be well in excess of $10 billion. Hundreds of people each year depend on the Scott County Health Department for STD education, testing and treatment.
- Services Offered
- Conditions for Using the Scott County Health Department
- Clinic Hours and Staff
- What to Expect
- Getting Test Results
- Statistics for Scott County
- Reference Chart of Common STD's
Clients coming to the STD Clinic will need to show proof of living in Scott County to be seen. Please bring one of the following items:
- Picture ID with name and address
- School/College ID
- Pay stub showing name and address
- Recent business letter on letterhead showing name and address
- Recent bill showing name and address
This site contains HIV prevention messages that may not be appropriate for all audiences. If you are not seeking such information or may be offended by such materials, please exit this website.