Information About Common STD's
Sexually Transmitted Diseases are some of the most common diseases affecting Americans today. STDs can affect any individual regardless of age, gender, race, or social status. In fact, it is estimated that more than half of all people will have an STD at some point in their lifetime.
It is important for everyone to know the facts about STDs and STD prevention. Follow the STD links below to learn more about signs, symptoms, and treatment options.
- NGU - Non- Gonococcal Urethritis (men)
- MPC - Mucopurulent Cervicitis (women)
- BV - Bacterial Vaginosis
- Trichomoniasis (Trich)
- Crabs & Scabies
- Genital Herpes
- Genital Warts
Keep in mind that…
- STDs may be passed from person to person regardless of the presence of symptoms.
- STDs may be passed through all forms of sexual contact (oral, anal, vaginal).
- STDs if untreated may lead to more severe problems.
- Alcohol and drugs decrease your ability to make good decisions regarding your sexual behavior.
This site contains HIV prevention messages that may not be appropriate for all audiences. If you are not seeking such information or may be offended by such materials, please exit this website.