Cultural Awareness Resources for Professionals
The resources listed below are a collection of materials available from a variety of sources designed to give professionals insight into working with clients of varying backgrounds. While the list does not include every resource available, it does offer a wide variety. If you have a resource you'd like to recommend, please email the Health Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resources will continue to be added. All the resources are listed on this page. Click on the focus topic for resources in those categories.
Resources: Interpretation (7/69)
- Bridging the Gap Interpreter Handbook
- Communicating Effectively Through An Interpreter: An instructional video for health care providers
- Interpreter's Guide to Common Medications
- Language Services Action Kit: Interpreter Services in Health Care Settings for People with Limited English Proficiency
- Medical Glossaries: Expanded & Revised
- What a Difference an Interpreter Can Make: Health Care Experiences of Uninsured with Limited English Proficiency
The items listed herein are informational and subject to change. Please contact the source provider for complete item information and availability.