Cultural Awareness Resources for Professionals
The resources listed below are a collection of materials available from a variety of sources designed to give professionals insight into working with clients of varying backgrounds. While the list does not include every resource available, it does offer a wide variety. If you have a resource you'd like to recommend, please email the Health Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resources will continue to be added. All the resources are listed on this page. Click on the focus topic for resources in those categories.
Resources: General (19/69)
- Caring Across Cultures: Achieving Culture Competence in Health Programs at School
- Community Health Psychology: Empowerment for Diverse Communications
- Counseling the Culturally Diverse: Theory and Practice, 5th Ed.
- Crossing Cultures in Mental Health
- Cultural and Linguistic Competence Policy Assessment
- Everyone's Ethnic: Your Invisible Culture
- Health Issues in the Black Community
- Health Issues in the Latino Community, 2nd Edition
- Hispanic Patients' Double Burden: Lack of Health Insurance and Limited English
- I'm Normal, You're Weird: Understanding Other Cultures
- Immigrant Women's Health: Problems and Solutions
- Journal Article The Challenge of Reaching a Culturally Diverse Audience
- Provider's Guide to Quality and Culture
- Race, Ethnicity, and Health: A Public Health Reader
- Race, Ethnicity, and Self: Identity in Multicultural Perspective
- The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down
- Understanding Our Differences: Mexicans and Americans
- Valuing Diversity Multi-Cultural Communication
- What Language Does Your Patient Hurt In? A Practical Guide to Caring for Patients from other Cultures
The items listed herein are informational and subject to change. Please contact the source provider for complete item information and availability.