Find a Dentist
Regular Dental Care is Important
Healthy teeth are a part of good overall health. Tooth decay can start early, so it is important for children to begin seeing a dentist by age one. Regular check-ups catch tooth decay early or prevent it in the first place. Children can learn early on that going to the dentist is safe and fun.
Tips for Choosing a Dentist
Look for a dentist that:
- Accepts your method of payment.
- Offers a plan for dental care after hours.
- Is located close to you.
- Has office hours that work for you.
- Is comfortable with children.
Tips for Parents at the Dental Office
- Make sure you are on time for the appointment.
- If you cannot make it, call to cancel the day before.
- Bring your child’s insurance card.
- Before the visit, write down concerns or questions you want to ask.
- Call the I-Smile™ Coordinator if you need help!
Find a Dentist Who Accepts Medicaid
It can be hard to find a dentist who accepts Iowa Medicaid. I-Smile™ can help. You can request a list of dentists accepting new patients with Iowa Medicaid. Just fill out the form below. A list of providers will be mailed or emailed to you.
- Online form coming soon.
Talk to the I-Smile™ Coordinator
The I-Smile™ Coordinator is just a phone call away. Help is available to answer dental questions, find a dentist and make appointments. The I-Smile™ Coordinator can help families work through barriers to dental care. Call (563) 326-8645.