Environmental Health Services
Public Health Nuisance Investigation & Enforcement Program
What types of services are offered through the Scott County Health Department Public Health Nuisance Investigation and Enforcement Program?
In response to complaints filed by the general public we
- investigate such public health nuisances
- improperly stored refuse and garbage
- improperly maintained animal pens
- pooling water
- accumulations of filth
- illegal dumping
- ensure that an appropriate solution to the problem is found
- monitor follow through by the property owner
Is there a fee for the service/program?
There is no fee to file or investigate a complaint. However, if a complaint is found justified, the owner of the property must rid the property of the problem or a $250.00 citation can and will be filed.