Environmental Health Services
Insect & Rodent Control Program
What types of services are offered through the Scott County Health Department Insect and Rodent Control Program?
The Health Department:
- investigates complaints about the possible infestations of insects and rodents know to be a threat to public health
- notifies property owners of their responsibilities in maintaining a vermin free premise
- advises property owners in the removal of the insects or rodents
- monitors the presence of ticks that carry Lyme Disease
- collects ticks from the public for identification for Lyme Disease
Is there a fee for the service/program?
There is no fee to file a complaint, or for an investigation. However, owners who do not comply with the removal of the insects/rodents can and will be fined $250.00.