Healthy Child Care Iowa
Child Care Nurse Consultant
The Child Care Nurse Consultant is a Registered Nurse that provides guidance and technical assistance to child care providers, preschools, families and communities regarding the health and safety of children.
The Child Care Nurse Consultant offers a wide range of services from answering specific questions by telephone, to education for child care staff. These services are provided to you in partnership with Healthy Child Care Iowa and Scott County Kids.
- Provide technical assistance through telephone, e-mail or regular on-site visits.
- Consultation and staff education on health and safety standards as well as emergency preparedness.
- Help child care providers with health and safety policy development.
- Technical assistance with immunizations, medication and health record keeping.
- Assist child care providers with finding ways to increase physical activity and healthy eating for children in the child care setting.
- Referrals to community resources.
- Consulting services for providers involved in the Quality Rating System (QRS).
Helpful information for childcare providers:
- Asthma Action Plan
- Child Health Exam Form
- Childhood Illness Poster
- Cleaning and Sanitizing Guidelines
- Diapering Poster
- Immunization Schedule for Children
- Immunization Certificates (printable)
- Handwashing Procedure Poster
- Lice Treatment Brochure
- Medication Administration Chart
- Safe Sleep Recommendations
- Weather Watch Poster
Helpful websites for child care providers:
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- National Resource Center for Health and Safety in Child Care and Early Education
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Healthy Child Care Iowa
- Iowa's Voluntary Quality Rating System (QRS)
- National Playground SafetY
To contact your Scott County Child Care Nurse Consultant call 326-8618 Ext. 8821