Retail Food Establishment and Food Warehouse
Licensing and Enforcement Program
What types of services are offered through the Scott County Health Department Retail Food Establishment and Food Warehouse Licensing and Enforcement Program?
The Retail Food and Warehouse Licensing and Enforcement Program issues licenses for
- grocery stores
- convenience stores
- food warehouses
The inspectors also:
- conduct routine, unannounced inspections
- conduct inspections when a new establishment is opened
- conduct inspections when establishments change owners
- conduct inspections when there are complaints
- approve plans for remodeling and new facilities
- provide trainings for food service personnel
As a new establishment, what do I need to do in order to open my facility?
Is there a fee for the service/program?
License fees are are based on gross food and beverage sales.