Care for Yourself - Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program
Care for Yourself
The Iowa Care For Yourself Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (BCCEDP) is an ongoing initiative to reduce deaths from breast and cervical cancer. Participants of the program are eligible to receive clinical breast exams, mammograms, pelvic exams, and Pap tests at no cost. If the tests received through the Care for Yourself BCCEDP show breast or cervical cancer, local staff will help participants find treatment.
Some participants may also qualify for the Care For Yourself Program Well- Integrated Screening and Evaluation for Women Across the Nation (WISEWOMAN) services. In addition to the breast and cervical screenings, WISEWOMAN participants may receive screening tests for heart and cardiovascular health. These tests include health and weight measurements, blood pressure, cholesterol, and glucose tests, in order to check heart disease risk. The program will also provide education and encouragement for making small health changes that lower heart disease risk.
- 40-64 Years of age
- AND do NOT have insurance.
- OR have insurance but it does not cover these services.
- OR have insurance but cannot pay insurance deductibles or co-payments
- OR have Medicare part A but not part B
- AND income is below: (Proof of income is not required)
- $27,225 for household of 1
- $36,775 for household of 2
- $46,325 for household of 3
- $55,875 for household of 4
- $65,425 for household of 5
- $74,975 for household of 6
- $84,525 for household of 7
- $94,075 for household of 8
- For each additional person add $9,550
The Scott County Board of Health has a contract with the Iowa Department of Public Health for Genesis Center for Breast Health to provide this program in Scott County. For more information about the program please call:
- Stefanie Dreher
Genesis Center for Breast Health
For more information on breast and cervical cancer visit: