Care for Kids - For Families
Care for Kids can help your family find a doctor, dentist, eye doctor, mental health provider, and/or specialist.
Why do children need a doctor, dentist, or eye doctor for regular check-ups?
Regular check-ups at the doctor, dentist, and eye doctor are needed to make sure children are growing up healthy. These check-ups are very important so that doctors can catch health problems early, and treat them before they become worse.
Care for Kids can help families find a routine source of medical, dental, and vision care. Learn more about the importance of routine medical, dental, and vision care in the following Care for Kids brochures:
- Care For Kids Dental Home (1021.4 KB)
- Care For Kids Medical Home (546.4 KB)
- Care For Kids Vision Exam (592.0 KB)
Some children may also need care from other providers such as medical specialists or mental health providers who can help with behavior and development. Care for Kids can help families find these services and make referrals.
What to look for when finding a medical, dental or eye doctor for regular care.
- A provider who accepts your method of payment.
- A provider who has a plan for care after office hours.
- A provider who has an office that is easy for you to get to.
- A provider who has office hours that will work for you.
- A provider who has information and materials in your primary language.
- A provider who will provide interpreter services if needed.
Who will accept Iowa Medicaid?
Sometimes families have a hard time finding providers who will accept Iowa Medicaid insurance. Care for Kids can help.
To request a list of the most current medical, dental or vision providers in Scott County who accept new patients with Iowa Medicaid, please fill out the form below. A list of providers will be e-mailed or mailed to you.