Walnut Grove Pioneer Village : Donahue Train Depot
The Northwestern Railroad purchased land from A. Curtis. In 1868 the Davenport-St. Paul Railroad purchased it, then sold it to the Davenport-Rock Island and Northwestern Railroad and they in turn sold it in 1879 to Chicago-Milwaukee-St. Paul.
The depot was built in 1870 and 100 years later in April of 1970 it was closed. Old Eagle was the first engine to run and Phineas Curtis was the first depot agent. That was the last run for the "Dixon Bumblebee". In December of 1971, Harland Rohlk purchased it and then in 1977 he donated it to the Scott County Conservation Board to be placed at the Walnut Grove Pioneer Village at Scott County Park. It was moved on May 24, 1978 and since has been restored.
Related Railroad History
- More about the Chicago-Milwaukee-St. Paul History and Route Map
Donahue Train Depot Amenities:Walnut Grove Pioneer Village Sites: Antique Farm Machinery Building • Barber Shop • Bison Saloon • Blacksmith Shop • Boothill Cemetery • Carpenter Shop • Chicago, Burlington Quincy Caboose 14353 • Doctor's Office • Donahue Train Depot • Firehouse • Garage • Keppy & Nagle General Store • Olde St. Anns Church • Savings Bank • School Museum Butler No 2 • Shaff Cabin • Soda Fountain Shop • Telephone Office • The Ox Locomotive • Tobin Cabin